Saturday, August 05, 2006

Upping the insanity stakes

So I am putting my hand up to be the most insane one in our fold at the moment. I have agreed to do the gig from hell. It began innocently enough when I was asked to be part of the band for a school production of "My Fair Lady" (insanity evidence no.1). It quickly went down hill from there. The first rehearsal began an hour late and I had to leave early giving me a grand total of half an hour's rehearsal time. They have moved a rehearsal from Monday night to Sunday night (ouch!!!!! especially when I am starting work at seven thirty the next day!). They didn't even ask me if I was available for the Sunday night rehearsal and can't tell me when it will be due to finish!!! (they told me about this change at the first rehearsal which was on Wednesday - so much for communication). As I left the first rehearsal, they asked if I was available to rehearse Sunday morning aswell. Funny enough I said "no". The band is apparently going to be on scafolding at the rear of the stage. That's really freaking me out! How I am supposed to get my instrument up there???? And is it safe?????????? I think that I should start charging danger money!! I do get paid for this gig (or else I wouldn't be doing it!!!). I don't even work for this school! I am a guest musician. Pity they can't treat this "guest (professional) musician" with atleast a small degree of professionalism and respect! Wish me luck! Oh, and the last time I performed "My Fair Lady", I vomited in the pit!! Hope I'm not directly above the cast on stage.......

1 comment:

JollyRgr said...

My Fair Lady is indeed bad but I've never known it to cause involuntary regurgitation......I hope you don't have an audience of bulemia sufferers:-)