Friday, February 11, 2011

Identity Fraud

No, my wallet hasn't been stolen and no, nobody has hacked my pc (to my knowledge).

I am going through a very interesting phase in my life. Due to an "upheaval" in my family, I have been forced (not quite the word I'm after) to think differently. I have known for a while that I was not necessarily living my life for me. But now I am questioning exactly what is me and what is what people expected me to be. Confused yet? Welcome to my world!
Would I be who I am now if I had a different childhood? My three readers know exactly what I am talking about and if you are reader number four onwards, goodluck keeping up! Would I have followed the career path that I have taken? Would I have dressed the way I do? You know, I wear my hair in a particular way because I can hear a voice in my head telling me that I should never wear my hair down at school. Consequently, I never, NEVER, wore my hair down until relatively recently! Thats how powerful that voice was over me!
So, even though no one has stolen my ID this is a form of Identity Fraud. This voice in my head (it does actually belong to a real person) has stolen my identity and led me to live my life in a particular way. Its not all doom and gloom. If I hadn't have done some of things that I did, I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband or have given birth to the cheekiest and most gorgeous little boy.
But I am now questioning some things.

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived" - Anon.

4 comments:

JollyRgr said...

Interesting.....please come in and lie down on the couch....;-)

mouthfulofpancake said...

Yup! Might need some of that!

Goose said...

Every event in our life forms us, and changes us, but we are the masters of our fate to a fair extent. While that voice may tell you what to do, you will (and must) find your own way. Lucky for you, you're three readers are here to help.

Odyssey said...

I know exactly what you mean.