Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Maternity Fears

I was sailing through my pregnancy without any worries. I wasn't worried about the pain or the labour. I had even gotten over the morning sickness and was enjoying being pregnant. Then the obstetrician told me today that I had a "bigger than average" baby. Great!!! Now how do I get the thing out?! I was planning on doing it drug free. I might just atten the epidural seminar now..... How does one's baby get "bigger than average"? I'm no giant in height or stature, neither is my husband. I have barely put on any weight during this pregnancy. To make matters worse, I went shopping afterwards. I bought clothes for my stay in hospital and a maternity bra. Like that helped!! Not only do I carry a bigger than average baby but my bra size has blown out!! How did they get so big?? I have my own personal airbags now! And I had to buy larger sized clothes (thanks to my 2 large gifts from the maternity fairy). I love my pregnant body but holy cow does it change and in a hurry. The clothes I can deal with but getting my baby out when it still has time to grow and its already bigger than average, oh man! Maybe I should start drinking coffee again to stunt its growth!

11 comments:

Goose said...

Just enjoy being pregnant! There's nothing you can do about the size of your baby... and that's not to say it will still be bigger than average on the day of birth. You'll do just fine and you will be well looked after.

As for clothing sizes... I refuse to comment! It's up to your husband to put his foot in it there!

mouthfulofpancake said...

Oh he has already put his foot in it, several times in one day!!!!

Odyssey said...

You do realize that approximately 50% of all babies are above average weight, and that about the same number are below average weight? Don't sweat it. The baby is healthy and so are you. That's all that matters.

mouthfulofpancake said...

But I learnt a valuable lesson. Don't tell the mother in law!!!! OMG!!!! I know how many stitches she had and that she felt every one........

JollyRgr said...

OMG....this is hilarious. Sorry...this is not funny at all......:-P

It will all be fine.......I'm sure.....hopefully......No I'm sure.....I hope!

Did I mention this is funny???

No It's not.....really!!

:-)

mouthfulofpancake said...

Did anyone ever tell you not to mess with a pregnant woman, Jolly?!?! Its not pretty!! By the way, Baby kicked Richard's ear today (he was trying to listen to my belly). Now THAT was funny!!! It has a good aim!! It has already kicked Cleo, Caesar and attempted to kick my friend's cat that came up for a cuddle.

mouthfulofpancake said...

Oh wait! There's more!! My doctor (GP) just told me that I have lower than average ribs!!!! UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Odyssey said...

Lower than average as in fewer, or closer to the ground? The latter would suck for a pregnant woman I would imagine. The former, not so much - more room for baby.

mouthfulofpancake said...

As in closer to the ground! Less room for baby!

Goose said...

You'll be fine! Wish I could have seen Richard and Cleo getting kicked!

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with maternity clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clotes